Low-Voltage Soldering Iron 12-24v ac/dc 9w #CK1053
- Our low-voltage soldering iron works with any (Any 5-40w Cir-Kit Concepts 12 volt transformer may be used.) TRANSFORMER NOT INCLUDED.
- Heats to solder melting temperature in 3 to 4 minutes.
- Safest soldering iron yet.
- Use with CK1033-1 solder.
- Detailed scale model for adult collectors. Not intended for children under 14.
Instructions for use: Connect transformer to 115 vac source, via extension cord. Connect clips from soldering iron to screw lugs on back of transformer. (Any 5-40w Cir-Kit Concepts 12 volt transformer may be used.) TRANSFORMER NOT INCLUDED. After approximately three minutes the bit will be sufficiently hot to melt solder. If the bit is a new one, apply solder as it heats to "tin" the bit. Always use a flux-cored solder. When soldering a joint, first apply a small amount of fluxed solder to the tip of the bit and apply the tip to the joint until all parts of the joint are hot enough to melt solder. Apply solder to the joint (not the tip). Leave the tip in contact with the joint to ensure complete solder flow around the joint. A dirty joint should be cleaned before soldering. Always keep the bit clean and the tip well tinned.